108MP Samsung ISOCELL Bright HMX sensor revealed
- Samsung has officially announced the ISOCELL Bright HMX, the world’s first 108 Megapixel smartphone camera sensor!
- Like 48MP and 64MP camera sensors, the ISOCELL Bright HMX also uses pixel binning technology (Tetracell in Samsung’s terminology). Therefore, it combines 4 small pixels into a large one to effectively give a 27MP photo with more detail.
- However, it goes without saying that users will also be able to click photos in full 108MP resolution. In terms of video recording, the HMX has support for lossless 6K video recording at 30 fps.
- The sensor’s size is 1/1.33” which gives it 0.8μm pixel pitch. Samsung has also thrown in Smart-ISO for better pics.
- Xiaomi has confirmed that it will be the first company to launch a phone with this camera sensor. It is rumoured that this phone will be the upcoming flagship Mi Mix 4.