2019 Bentley Continental GT V8 revealed
- The new third-gen Bentley Continental GT coupe and convertible, which went official with a big W12 engine last year, have now been revealed with V8 power.
- The engine in question is a new-gen 4.0-litre twin-turbo unit which generates 542 bhp of max power and 770 Nm of peak torque.
- This setup also benefits from cylinder deactivation tech that can shut off four cylinders for fuel savings. Bentley claims that this system takes just 20 milliseconds to switch and therefore is unnoticeable.
- Despite all this, performance remains strong with 0-100 km/h coming up in just 4 seconds and 4.1 seconds for the coupe and convertible, respectively.
- Aesthetically, the Continental GT V8 gets quad exhaust pipes as opposed to twin exhausts on its W12 counterpart. Inside the cabin, the V8 doesn’t get three audio system setups to choose from, it instead only gets Bentley’s 650W system as standard.