2019 Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 launched at Rs 2.94 lakh
- The Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 has been thoroughly updated for the 2019 model year. It is priced between Rs 2.94-3.72 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Essential safety kit including driver’s airbag (dual airbags on the top-end VXI variant), ABS, EBD, rear parking sensors, front seat belt reminder alert system and speed alert system now come standard on the car. Then, the Alto has also been structurally updated to comply with the upcoming crash safety norms.
- The car’s 796 cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine is now BSVI compliant which has resulted in its Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) emissions dropping by a claimed 25 per cent. While its power and torque figures remain the same as before, its ARAI-certified fuel economy figure has dropped by 2.65 km/l to 22.05 km/l.
- Along with these safety features, the 2019 Alto 800 also gets a new face that comprises of a new grille and a redesigned front bumper.
- The dashboard of the car is also all-new and is borrowed from the bigger Alto K10. Maruti has added Bluetooth connectivity on the music system on the top-end VXI variant, but it must be noted that the Renault Kwid offers a full-fledged touchscreen infotainment system in this segment.