2019 Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG launched in India
- The latest-gen Maruti Suzuki WagonR has been launched with CNG power so that it can better compete with its core rival – the new Hyundai Santro – which also offers this fuel option.
- The WagonR CNG will be available in two variants – LXi and LXi (O). The former is priced at Rs 4.84 lakh, while the latter costs Rs 4.89 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). This makes its roughly Rs 40,000 cheaper than the Santro CNG.
- The factory-fitted CNG kit is available with the 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine which comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- The CNG variant is claimed to give 33.45 km/kg of fuel, which is higher than the Santro’s 30.5 km/kg.
- Equipment levels on the WagonR CNG are very basic – you get front power windows, manual AC, driver-side airbag, ABS, EBD, rear parking sensors and a seatbelt reminder system. The LXi(O) adds a front passenger airbag to the kit.