2019 Mini JCW launched in India
- The 2019 Mini John Cooper Works (JCW) has been launched in India at a price of Rs 43.50 lakh (ex-showroom). This is now the range-topping model in Mini India’s lineup.
- While the Mini JCW is around Rs 9 lakh more expensive than the Cooper S, it comes with more mechanical muscle in the form of an additional 38 bhp/ 40 Nm. Then, you also get a lot of optional kit from the latter as standard.
- The JCW gets things like an 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay, adaptive suspension, JCW sports seats, heads-up display, Harman Kardon music system, bespoke green colour, adaptive Matrix LED lights, panoramic sunroof, 18-inch alloy wheels, etc. either as standard or as an option.
- Powering this car is a 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine which generates 228 bhp of power and 320 Nm of peak torque. An 8-speed automatic gearbox comes standard.
- Available only as a 3-door, the Mini JCW lives in a niche of its own and has no direct rival in the Indian market.
More car news: