2019 Ssangyong Korando revealed; likely to inspire next-gen XUV500
- Mahindra-owned Ssangyong has taken the veil off the all-new Korando in Geneva. While this mid-size SUV is primarily focused towards the European market, it might heavily inspire the next-gen Mahindra XUV500.
- The recently launched Mahindra XUV300 is a modified Ssangyong Tivoli, and since Ssangyong vehicles are engineered with global standards in mind, it won’t be surprising if Mahindra brings this one to India as well. Additionally, the Korando belongs to same segment as the XUV500.
- Talking of the SUV, it’s 4,410 mm long, 1,830 mm wide and 1,675 mm tall. The boot space here is 551 litres which can be expanded to 1,248 litres with the seconds row folded.
- Equipment list here includes cruise control, heated windscreen, infotainment system with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, digital instrument cluster, etc.
- The 2019 Korando comes powered by an all-new 1.5-litre turbo petrol and an updated 1.6-litre diesel engine. The former pumps out 160 bhp while the latter makes 134 bhp, and both powertrains come automatic start/ stop for fuel savings. Next year, it will get an all-electric powertrain as well.