2020 Creta officially teased by Hyundai India
- Ahead of its debut at the 2020 Auto Expo, the 2020 Hyundai Creta has been teased by the company (see the embedded tweet).
- As speculated, the next-generation Creta will be a rebadged version of the new Hyundai ix25 which is currently sold in China.
- The 2020 ix25 has faced a lot of criticism for its rather polarising design which incorporates a large cascading grille, split headlamps and unconventional split LED tail lamps. Since the new Creta is essentially the same vehicle, it remains to be seen how the Indian audience reacts to it.
- On the inside, however, it’s a different story. The interior has a neat, clutter-free layout with a big vertical infotainment display in the centre console that grants it a premium look.
- Mechanically, the 2020 Creta will be similar to the Kia Sletos. So, expect it to be offered with the same 1.5-litre petrol, 1.4-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines as the latter when it goes on sale in mid-2020.
— Hyundai India (@HyundaiIndia) February 1, 2020