2020 Honda Africa Twin revealed
- The 2020 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin is now official in two variants – standard & Adventure Sports ES.
- The new bike builds upon the design language of its predecessor but gets all-new fairing, headlight and tail lamp to freshen up the look. In terms of ergonomics, the 2020 Africa Twin has its handlebar raised by 22.5 mm and 20 mm narrower seat.
- Suspension duties are handled by long-travel 45 mm Showa forks up front and fully-adjustable Pro-Link setup with remote preload adjuster at the rear.
- The aluminium rear sub-frame of the bike is narrower and removable as well. There have been several weight-saving measures taken on the new model which include a lighter swingarm, new steel frame, and a lighter Li-ion battery.
- In terms of power, the 2020 Honda Africa Twin comes with new 1,084 cc, liquid-cooled, parallel-twin engine that generates 100 bhp of max power and 105 Nm of peak torque. As before, a manual or a DCT auto are available gearbox options.
- Electronic aids include cornering ABS, wheelie control, rear-lift control, cruise control, DCT cornering detection, 7-way adjustable Honda Selectable Torque Control feature, and 6 riding modes.