2020 Hyundai Creta India launch on March 17
- The second-generation Hyundai Creta is confirmed to launch in India on March 17, 2020.
- The 2020 Creta is significantly different from the outgoing model. It is larger and a lot more radically styled with its split LED headlamps & tail lights, large cascading grille, and sharp cuts and creases.
- On the inside, the new model is quite different than the China-spec ix25 on which it’s based. The latter has a minimalist layout with a large 10.25-inch vertically oriented infotainment display. The former, on the other hand, will come with a horizontal display and a more conventional centre-console layout.
- The 2020 Hyundai Creta will be powered by all-new BS6-compliant petrol and diesel engines from the Kia Seltos. So, expect a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol, a 1.5-litre diesel, and a 1.4-litre turbo petrol to be offered on this SUV.
- In related news, Hyundai has also revealed the global-spec Verna facelift in Russia (which is different from the Chinese model). Shortly after the new Creta, we should see the 2020 Verna launch in India as well.