2020 Hyundai Creta launched at Rs 9.99 lakh
- The second-generation Hyundai Creta has been launched in India at Rs 9.99-17.20 lakh (ex-showroom). It will be sold in 14 variants across its 3 engine options.
- The 2020 Creta looks quite different from the model it replaces, not only is it dimensionally larger than the latter but also a lot more radically-styled with its 3-element LED head & tail lights, large cascading grille, and sharp cuts & creases.
- On the inside, it’s a lot more modern and feature-packed than before. You get a clean new cabin layout with a centre console that’s slightly tilted towards the driver. The top-end variants get loaded with features like 10.25-inch infotainment system, Bose audio system, 7-inch digital instrument cluster, leather upholstery, ventilated front seats, electronic parking brake 17-inch alloys, etc.
- On the powertrain front, this SUV borrows heavily from its sister model, the Kia Seltos. You get two petrol options – 1.5-litre naturally aspirated unit with 113 bhp/ 144 Nm, and a 1.4-litre turbocharged unit with 138 bhp/ 242 Nm. On the diesel front, you get a 1.5-litre unit which makes 113 bhp/ 250 Nm.
- There are multiple gearbox options on offer as well. Both 1.5-litre engines get a 6-speed manual gearbox as standard. However, coming to the automatic gearbox, the petrol versions get a CVT option, while the diesel versions come with a 6-speed torque converter. The turbo petrol only gets a 7-speed dual-clutch auto gearbox.
Price list (ex-showroom)
1.5 petrol-MT EX – Rs 9.99 lakh
1.5 petrol-MT S – Rs 11.72 lakh
1.5 petrol-MT SX – 13.46 lakh
1.5 petrol-CVT SX Rs 14.94 lakh
1.5 petrol-CVT SX (O) – Rs 16.15 lakh
1.4 petrol-DCT SX Rs 16.16 lakh
1.4 petrol-DCT SX (O) – Rs 17.20 lakh
1.5 diesel-MT E – Rs 9.99 lakh
1.5 diesel-MT EX – Rs 11.49 lakh
1.5 diesel-MT S – Rs 12.77 lakh
1.5 diesel-MT SX – Rs 14.51 lakh
1.5 diesel-MT SX (O) – Rs 15.79 lakh
1.5 diesel-AT SX – Rs 15.99 lakh
1.5 diesel-AT SX (O) – Rs 17.20 lakh