2020 Hyundai Verna facelift launched at Rs 9.30 lakh
- The Hyundai Verna facelift, whose launch had been delayed due to the lockdown, has now been launched in India at Rs 9.30-15.09 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The updated Verna brings with it 3 all-new engines, two of which are carried over from the new Creta, and one from the Venue.
- The 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol produces 113 bhp of max power and 144 Nm of peak torque. It comes mated with either a 6-speed manual or a CVT gearbox. The 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel makes 113 bhp/ 250 Nm, and is offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
- Then, there’s the 1.-litre, 3-cylinder turbo-petrol from the venue which makes 118 bhp and 172 Nm. This engine is exclusively mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch auto gearbox. With paddle shifters. Also, this engine is only available in the top-end SX(O) trim.
- Aesthetically, the Verna facelift’s highlight features include new headlamps, a much-sportier) new hexagonal grille, new bumpers, updated tail lamps and new alloys.
- On the inside, the dashboard gets a minor makeover. New feature additions include semi-digital instrument cluster, Arkamys music system, 8.0-inch infotainment screen, and an all-black cabin with red accents (for turbo-petrol version).