2020 Land Rover Defender revealed
- The iconic Land Rover defender has gotten a massive upgrade in the form of the 2020 model year. It has been revealed at the ongoing 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show.
- The 2020 Defender builds on the same theme as the Jeep Wrangler and Merc G-Wagen – it combines the classic charm of the original model with new-age design elements for an appealing retro-modern look.
- Based on a new D7x platform, this vehicle boasts the stiffest body structure ever on a Land Rover. Being an old-school SUV, off-roading is prioritised thanks to permanent 4-wheel-drive, independent air/ coil spring suspension, twin-speed transmission, locking centre differential, active rear locking differential, etc.
- That’s not all, the SUV has 291 mm of ground clearance, wading depth of 900 mm, up to 3,500 Kg of towing capacity, 38-degree approach angle, 40-degree departure angle and 300 kg of roof load capacity.
- The 2020 Defender will be sold with 4/ 6-cylinder diesel engines and a 4-cylinder petrol engine. Next year, Land Rover will also introduce a plug-in hybrid option.