2020 Mahindra Thar alleged pricing leaks
- The highly anticipated 2020 Mahindra Thar will be launched in October 2. However, a media house claims to have gotten their hands on the official ex-showroom prices of the upcoming SUV.
- Said to be priced between 9.75-12.25 lakh (see image above), this leaked price of the 2020 Thar is actually quite a lot cheaper than the previously anticipated starting price of around Rs 12 lakh.
- The SUV will be offered in two variants – AX (Adventure) and LX (Lifestyle). The former will be offered with a fixed soft top and a convertible soft top, while the latter will be offered with a hard top.
- The second-gen Mahindra Thar will also be the first one to get a 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine making 150bhp/ 320Nm. The other option includes a 2.2-litre turbo diesel with 130bhp/ 300 Nm.
- Staying true to its root, the 2020 Thar will also be available with a 4×4 transfer case with a mechanical differential lock as standard.