2020 Mercedes-Benz GLA unveiled
- The second-generation Mercedes-Benz GLA has been revealed as the German company’s new entry-level offering.
- The 2020 GLA offers 116 mm better rear legroom than its predecessor thanks to a longer wheelbase. It’s also 30 mm wider and 104 mm taller than before with a ground clearance of 143 mm.
- The design here is a standard Mercedes-Benz affair. You can see a lot of GLB/ GLC/ A-Class design elements fused together in this new SUV. Even on the inside, the familiar turbine-style AC vents and wide dual-displays are borrowed from other Mercs.
- For power, the 2020 GLA gets turbo petrol engines ranging from 1.3-litre to 2.0-litre. Base power output starts at 161 bhp and goes all the way up to 302 bhp in the top-spec GLA 35 AMG.
- Since the outgoing GLA has done relatively well in India, we can expect this all-new model to be headed to our shores as well. However, an official launch time frame from Merc India is still awaited.