2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE launched at Rs 73.70 lakh
- The second-generation Mercedes GLE has been launched in India at Rs 73.70 lakh – 1.25 crore (ex-showroom).
- The all-new version of Merc’s popular SUV gets a bold new design with a large grille, exaggerated shoulder line and all LED lights. It’s also larger than the outgoing model, thereby resulting in superior inside space when compared to the latter.
- There are two BS6 diesel engines on offer. The base GLE 300d uses a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder unit that generates 242 bhp and 500 Nm, while the higher-end GLE 400d uses a 3.0-litre, 6-cylinder unit which is good for a healthy 327 bhp and 700 Nm. A 9-speed auto gearbox comes standard with both engines.
- Since it’s a luxury SUV, the 2020 GLE comes loaded with features like 4-zone climate control, 7 airbags, blind-spot monitoring system, dual 12.3-inch displays (one for infotainment and the other for the driver), panoramic sunroof, hands-free parking, autonomous emergency braking, adaptive air suspension, etc.
- The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE competes in with the Audi Q7, BMW X5 and Volvo XC90 in the Indian market.