2020 Skoda Octavia unveiled
- The fourth-generation Skoda Octavia has been revealed. It’s now bigger than its predecessor, and for the first time, comes with a plug-in hybrid option as well.
- Now 19 mm longer and 15 mm wider, the 2020 Octavia follows Skoda’s latest design language. It features slim new headlamps with optional Matrix technology, a bigger grille and a brand new rear look with longer tail lamps. The side profile, interestingly, has an Audi A5 vibe with its sweeping roofline.
- The interior of the car features a dramatic new look with its minimalist design and a heavy focus on infotainment. The main infotainment screen is now a floating 10-inch unit that’s accompanied by a 10.25-inch driver’s display. There’s also a funky new 2-spoke steering wheel.
- Coming to engines, there are three TSI petrols with power ranging between 108-187 bhp. It must be noted that the popular 1.8-litre TSI has been phased out. Coming to diesels, the 2.0-litre TDI will be sold in 3 states of tune ranging between 114 bhp-197 bhp.
- That’s not all, for the first time, there’s also a plug-in hybrid which combines a 1.4-litre TSi engine with an electric motor to generate a total system output of 201 bhp. Finally, a CNG variant of the 2020 Octavia, called G-TEC, will also be on offer.
- The 2020 Skoda Octavia is expected to launch in India sometime later next year. India, obviously, will not get all engines on offer in Europe, and it remains to be seen what options Skoda offers here.