2020 Skoda Rapid revealed in Russia
- The 2020 Skoda Rapid is officially out in Russia. Essentially, it’s a Skoda Scala hatchback with a boot.
- At this point, we don’t know if this very version of the Rapid will launch in India since the latter will be based on the upcoming MQB A0 IN platform. But it’s likely that numerous design elements from this car will make it to the India-spec model.
- Anyway, the Russian-spec Rapid features a clean and understated Skoda family design on the outside. The rear also looks a shrunken-down version of the 2020 Octavia.
- On the inside, the sedan, yet again, borrows its dashboard from the Scala with a free-standing infotainment screen and a large driver’s display being its key highlights. Being a Skoda, the build quality here should be top-notch.
- Coming to engines, the 2020 Skoda Rapid will be powered by a 1.6-litre MPI petrol and a 1.4-litre TSI turbo petrol powertrains.