Amazon Echo Input portable speaker launched
- Amazon has launched an India-exclusive smart speaker called Echo Input portable. Its price has been set at Rs 4,999.
- Interestingly, this is the first portable Echo device – all other Echo devices need to be continuously plugged-in for usage.
- The device has a 4,800mAh battery which lasts for 10 hours on continuous usage. This way, users can make their Alexa experience more mobile.
- The speaker has a 360-degree sound. It also comes with 4-microphone array so that users can talk to Alexa from a distance. Naturally, battery indicator LEDs are also present here.
- The Echo Input portable can perform all the possible Alexa functions of other Echo devices. However, it remains to be seen how practical a battery-powered speaker is for smart home operation.