Aprilia SR 160, BS6 Vespa range launched
- Piaggio, the parent company of Aprilia and Vespa, has introduced its BS6-compliant scooters in India.
- The most interesting part here is the Aprilia SR 160 which replaces the SR150. It features a 160 cc, fuel-injected engine which generates 11 bhp of max power and 11.6 Nm of peak torque.
- Not much has been revealed about the updated Vespa range in terms of power and torque. But both 125 cc and 150 cc versions are now BS6-compliant. The Vespa range will not get the more powerful 160 cc engine.
- As a part of the launch offer, Piaggio will give free accessories with the 150 cc and 160 cc scooters. These include visor and perimeter kit that’s worth around Rs 4,200.
- The Aprilia SR 160 is priced at Rs 85,431, while the updated Vespa range starts from Rs 91,492. All prices are ex-showroom, Pune.