Asus Zenfone 6 debuts with unique flip camera setup
- The Asus Zenfone 6 has debuted globally and it comes with flagship-worthy specs and a unique motorised camera module at an impressively low price of €499 (Rs 39,100).
- Let’s talk about the most unique aspect first. The motorised dual rear camera module of the Zenfone 6 flips around 180-degrees to the front of the phone to act as the selfie camera, thereby eliminating the need for a dedicated front camera. See Asus’ tweet below to watch this mechanism in action.
- The camera setup includes a primary 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with an aperture of f/1.8 along with a 13MP ultra-wide sensor with a 125-degree field of view and an aperture of f/2.4. Both sensors come with EIS while the main sensor can record 4K videos at 30 fps.
- The device comes powered by the flagship Snapdragon 855 SoC that’s coupled with up to 8GB of RAM and comes with up to 256GB of expandable internal storage.
- Because of the flip camera mechanism, the phone sports a truly bezel-less 6.4-inch FHD+ display. However, its an IPS LCD and not OLED, and therefore, there is no in-display fingerprint reader. The latter is a rear-mounted capacitive unit instead.
- Battery capacity is another field where the Ausu Zenfone 6 excels. It’s got a massive 5,000mAh cell with gets Quick Charge 4.0 for faster charging speeds over USB-C.
- The dual rear cameras flip around to act as the front camera. The camera module house the earpiece, various sensors and the two cameras.
ZenFone 6 has all the features you need, and more! Are you ready to get one and feel the extraordinary? #ZenFone6 #DefyOrdinary
Learn more: https://t.co/idv1gHibgP pic.twitter.com/X12jYPEusq
— ASUS (@ASUS) May 17, 2019
More tech news: