Auto Expo 2020: Aprilia SXR 160 showcased; launch in September
- Piaggio-owned Italian brand Aprilia has showcased the SXR 160 maxi-scooter at the ongoing Auto Expo 2020.
- The bulky design of the Aprilia SXR 160 has a lot of street presence thanks to its sportsbike-like twin LED headlamps. On the feature front, the scooter will offer USB charging, integrated dark fly screen, multifunction instrumentation and 12-inch alloys.
- As the name suggests, this scooter will be powered by a 160 cc engine, most likely the same as the recently-launched SR 160. On the latter, this fuel-injected engine generates 11 bhp of max power and 11.6 Nm of peak torque.
- Also, alongside this 160 cc version, the smaller SXR 125 is also in the pipeline, and it should share its engine with the SR 125 and Vespa 125.
- Like other Piaggio scooters, these two scooters will also be positioned as a premium alternative to regular scooters. The 160 cc version is expected to launch in September 2020.