Auto Expo 2020: Great Wall Motors debuts in India with Haval brand
- As expected, China’s Great Wall Motors has officially made its presence felt in India at the ongoing 2020 Auto Expo. Out of its many brands, it is Haval that is in focus, and it will commence operations in the country from 2021.
- The main highlight here is the Haval Concept H plug-in hybrid SUV (right) which sees its world debut at Auto Expo 2020. In terms of design, it looks sharp but takes heavy inspiration from Cadillac’s designs.
- The Concept H could be production-ready by next year and might be pitted against the MG Hector, Tata harrier and Jeep Compass in India.
- Moving on, the Haval F7x is a stylish coupe SUV that comes with two engines – 1.5-litre turbo petrol with 148 bhp/ 280 Nm and 2.0-litre petrol with 187 bhp/ 340 Nm. Both engines come mated to a 7-speed DCT gearbox.
- Also on display is the Haval F5 (Creta/ Seltos rival), H9 (Fortuner rival) and Vision 2025 concept SUV. However, Great Wall Motors has not confirmed which of these vehicles are India-bound.