Auto Expo 2020: Kia Carnival launched at Rs 24.95 lakh
- The much-anticipated Kia Carnival premium MPV has been launched in India at Rs 24.95-33.95 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The Carnival is available in three seating configurations – 7-seater with 2+2+3 arrangement, 8-seater with 2+3+3 layout, and 9-seater with 2+2+2+3 layout.
- It’s powered by a BS6-compliant, 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that generates 197 bhp of max power and 440 Nm of peak torque. The only gearbox option available is an 8-speed torque converter automatic. The premium MPV’s ARAI-rated fuel efficiency is 13.9 km/h.
- The Kia Carnival comes with a host of impressive equipment which includes power-sliding rear doors, projector headlamps, 3-zone climate control, Nappa leather seats, 18-inch alloys, 8.0-inch UVO infotainment system, 10.1-inch dual rear entertainment screens, etc.
- It is worth noting that the Carnival is significantly longer, more powerful and better equipped than the Innova Crysta. Basically, the former stays in a segment of its own and has no direct rival in India.