Auto Expo 2020: Maruti Suzuki Futuro-e concept revealed
- Maruti Suzuki has taken wraps off the Futuro-e concept which is meant to morph into a mid-size SUV to rival the Creta, Seltos, as well as the recently-revealed Skoda Vision IN and Volkswagen Taigun.
- While still in the early concept stage, the overall silhouette of the Maruti Futuro-e is undoubtedly more of a coupe SUV than that of a traditional SUV. This indicates that India’s biggest carmaker is likely to experiment with new designs in future.
- While the ‘e’ in Futuro-e might suggest that it will be purely an EV, Maruti Suzuki will launch both EV and petrol hybrid versions of this vehicle when it is production-ready
- As expected of a concept model, the interior of this vehicle is incredibly funky with loads of displays everywhere. Obviously, the production model’s cabin will be a lot toned down.
- No official launch date of the Futuro-e concept has been revealed as of now. In any case, don’t expect it to arrive at least until the next 18 months.