BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine launched in India
- The long-wheelbase BMW 3 Series, called the Gran Limousine, has been launched in India at Rs 51.50-53.90 lakh (ex-showroom).
- When compared to the standard 3 Series, the Gran Limousine offers 43 mm additional legroom for rear passengers. Since it is targetting the chauffeured audience, the rear seats have superior cushioning as well.
- Aesthetically there isn’t much to differentiate this long-wheelbase model from its standard sibling apart from the length. The interior layout is also very similar.
- The story continues in terms of engines as well. You get the option of either 2.0-litre turbo petrol (255 bhp) or a 2.0-litre turbo diesel (188bhp). Both engines come mated to an 8-speed torque converter gearbox that channels power to the rear wheels.
- The BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine replaces the erstwhile 3 Series GT and is now positioned between the standard wheelbase version and the larger 5 Series in terms of pricing.