BMW 3 Series Long Wheelbase likely India-bound
- According to a media report, the BMW 3 Series Long Wheelbase (LWB) will launch in India next-year as a replacement for the 3 Series GT.
- For those unaware, the 3 Series GT has been permanently discontinued globally as the latest G20 generation did not get a GT avatar. If BMW launches the LWB version, then it will be the first-of-its-kind in a segment which also includes the Merc C-Class and Audi A4.
- Already on sale in China, the LWB 3 Series is 110 mm longer than the standard sedan which opens up an extra 43 mm of legroom at the rear. The rear seat, as you’d expect, gets cushioning and bolstering on the former.
- The LWB version will likely come in its 330Li petrol and 320Ld diesel avatars, which basically means that it will share its engines with the standard car.
- Presently, the 3 Series’ top variant is priced at Rs 48.49 lakh, while the base 5 Series starts at Rs 55.40 lakh. BMW could position the LWB 3 Series in between this price gap.