The updated design of the 2020 BMW 5 Series facelift takes a lot of cues from the latest 3 Series.
BMW 5 Series facelift
- The updated design of the 2020 BMW 5 Series facelift takes a lot of cues from the latest 3 Series. You get slimmer headlamps, updated kidney grille with a single-piece surround and protruding bars, new bumpers and revised tail lights.
- On the inside, the design of the cabin remains unchanged, but a significant new addition includes ‘BMW Live Cockpit Professional’ which includes two 12.3-inch displays, one each for infotainment and driver. The steering wheel is new as well.
- On the powertrain front, you get a 48V mild-hybrid system as standard with all petrol and diesel options. Also added to the range is a plug-in hybrid variant called 545e xDrive which generated 600 Nm of torque!
BMW 6 Series GT facelift
- The 6 GT facelift, very much on the lines of the 5 Series, also adopts BMW’s new design language. However, it does retain its bespoke elements to differentiate it from the latter.
- On the inside, there’s a similar story as well. The key highlights here include BMW Live Cockpit Professional and a new steering wheel.
- Again, on the engine front, the GT now gains a 48V mild-hybrid system as standard with all internal combustion engine options. However, there is no plug-in hybrid variant on offer here.