BMW X1 facelift launched in India
- The 2020 BMW X1 facelift has been launched in India at Rs 35.90-42.90 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The updated look of the X1 facelift brings it in line with newer BMW SUVs. To begin with, there’s a bloated new grille up front, revised headlights, new front bumper with larger air intakes, new full LED combination tail lamps and wider exhaust pipes.
- On the inside, the X1 offers a new 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, panoramic sunroof and better quality materials.
- The engine options are the same as before, but they are now BS6-compliant. Both petrol and diesel engines are 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder turbocharged units, the former generates 189 bhp/ 280 Nm, while the latter makes 187 bhp/ 400 Nm.
- The BMW X1 facelift’s main rivals – Merc GLA and Audi Q3 – are expected to soon be replaced by their next-generation versions in India. The Volvo XC40 also resides in the same segment.