BS6 Maruti Suzuki Dzire facelift launched at Rs 5.89 lakh
- India’s most popular sedan, Maruti Suzuki Dzire, has received an all-new engine as well as an updated design. Its price range now stands at Rs 5.89-8.81 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- The new engine on this car is a 1.2-litre ‘K12C DualJet’ petrol which debuted on the Baleno last year. This BS6-complaint engine makes 89 bhp of power and comes mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT gearbox options.
- It is worth noting that the diesel engine has been phased out. Also, on the Baleno, the K12C petrol engine comes with SHVS mild-hybrid tech as standard, but the Dzire facelift does not get it to keep costs in check.
- On the design front, the 2020 Dzire facelift gets a new front fascia which is dominated by a large new grille that’s reminiscent of Audis of the yesteryear. It is accompanied by new fog lamp housings and new dual-tone alloy wheels.
- The interiors get Maruti Suzuki’s new SmartPlay Studio infotainment system with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay support, updated dual-tone upholstery, faux wood trim, colour TFT MID and cruise control.