CES 2020: OnePlus Concept One revealed with disappearing cameras
- The OnePlus Concept One has been showcased at CES 2020 with its unique design features being the disappearing rear camera setup.
- Based on OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition, the Concept One has a slick leather back in McLaren’s signature Papaya Orange colour. A vertical glass window runs in the middle of this back and this is where the camera setup lies.
- The rear glass panel takes inspiration from McLaren’s sunroof technology. It’s an electrochromic glass which turns opaque when current is applied. Therefore, the rear camera sensors remain hidden from the view and the design looks clean.
- When the camera app is opened, the sensors become visible in just 0.7 seconds. This electrochromic glass also acts as an ND filter for cameras.
- As the name suggests, this is a concept phone with no plans for production. However, we can see electrochromic glass implementation on future production-spec OnePlus phones.