Cleveland CycleWerks reportedly exits India
- Cleveland CycleWerks, a little known American motorcycle company, has reportedly quit India.
- The company entered India at the 2018 Auto Expo and showcased two bike – Ace and Misfit. These two models were then launched in India in September last year.
- However, much like UM Motorcycles (which has also abruptly ceased its India operations), Cleveland CycleWerks also sources low-quality products from China/ Taiwan and then sells it under its own name, thereby wrongly calling the bikes American.
- Then, the bikes from this company were also overpriced. For example, both Ace and Misfit developed 15.4 bhp of power, came without ABS, but carried a price tag of over Rs 2 lakh!
- Cleveland CycleWerks’ facility in Pune is non-operational as of now and all its employees have been fired. The dealerships have also reportedly shut down.