Ducati Hypermotard 950 launched in India
- The Ducati Hypermotard 950 has been launched at Rs 11.99 lakh (ex-showroom). It replaces the Hypermotard 939 in the Italian superbike maker’s lineup.
- The Ducati Hypermotard 950 uses a modified version of its predecessor’s 937 cc L-twin engine. It generates 113 bhp of max power and 96 Nm of peak torque. This engine can make 80 per cent of its peak torque at 3,000 rpm itself.
- Aesthetically, the bike looks quite identical to the Hypermotard 939 but comes with a few changes. There are wider handlebars and a new seat for better riding ergonomics.
- The bike is based on a revised frame which makes it 3 kg lighter than its predecessor. It sits on fully adjustable Marzocchi USD forks up front and a Sachs rear monoshock. However, these can be upgraded to fully adjustable Ohlins front & rear suspension on the SP model.
- In terms of safety, the Hypermotard 950 comes with a 6-axis IMU, Bosch Cornering ABS Evo (with 3 settings), Ducati Traction Control Evo and Ducati Wheelie Control.