Geometry car brand debuts with Geometry A electric sedan
- China-based Geely, which also owns Volvo Cars, has revealed a new car brand named Geometry which will exclusively sell Tesla-rivalling electric vehicles.
- The brand’s debut model is the new Geometry A sedan which on a single charge can go a claimed 410 km in its Standard Range form and 500 km in its Long Range form. However, these figures based on the older European NEDC cycle. How the new WLTP cycle affects these figures is yet to be seen.
- The Standard Range model houses a 51.9 kWh lithium-ion battery pack while the Long Range one amps the capacity up to 61.9 kWh. The battery can be charged from 30-80 per cent in just 30 minutes, but the charger specs or output haven’t been revealed.
- The drivetrain on the Geometry A uses a permanent magnet synchronous motor that produces 250 Nm of instantaneous torque and 161 bhp (equivalent) of power. The car takes 8.8 seconds to complete the 0-100 km/h run.
- The Geometry A isn’t just a China-spec car. It will be sold in other markets like France, Singapore and Norway as well. The car is claimed to have received around 27,000 orders, 67 per cent of which are from outside China.