Google Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL go official
- The Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL have been officially revealed at the Google I/O 2019. These phones are positioned as affordable alternatives to the full-fat Pixel 3 series, and therefore, are made from polycarbonate instead of glass.
- The smaller Pixel 3a sports a 5.6-inch OLED display with FHD+ resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio. It has got a 3,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging tech.
- The Pixel 3a XL has a larger 6.0-inch OLED screen of the same resolution. Its battery capacity, at 3,700mAh, is much bigger than the smaller model as well.
- Both phones come powered by a Snapdragon 670 SoC coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of inbuilt storage. While expandable storage isn’t standard, surprisingly, a 3.5 mm headphone jack is!
- The Pixel 3a retains the Pixel 3’s much-loved camera setup. Therefore, you get a 12.2MP primary rear sensor with an aperture of f/1.8. Standout features such as Night Sight, Top Shot, Super Res Zoom and HDR+ are standard here as well. Selfies are taken care of by an 8MP f/2.0 sensor.
- In the US the Pixel 3a is priced at $399 and 3a XL at $479. However, here in India, the prices are a bit steep. The smaller model will set you back by Rs 39,999, while for the XL, you’ll have to spend 44,999. Bookings begin on Flipkart from today, while sales will commence on May 15.
More tech news:
Xiaomi Hercules rumoured with Snapdragon 855 SoC