Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Home 2 smart speakers launch on October 15
- A dedicated event for ‘Made by Google’ devices is confirmed to be held on October 15. On this day, we expect the Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL and the second-generation of Home smart speakers to go official.
- According to Google’s own teasers, the Pixel 4 series will get an advanced 3D face unlock like the iPhones. This also means that in order to incorporate the hardware, the two phones will have a sizeable top bezel, which is quite a departure from the ongoing bezel-less trend. In fact, alleged leak images of the Pixel 4 (see cover image) confirm the same.
- Reports suggest that the Pixel 4 XL will have a 6.3-inch display while the standard version will have a 5.8-inch unit. Displays on both will be AMOLED with a 90 Hz refresh rate.
- The battery is reported to be 3,700 mAh and 2,800 mAh on the bigger and smaller models, respectively. Powering the phones will a Snapdragon 855 SoC with 6GB of RAM as standard.
- For the first time, the Pixel phones will also come with multiple rear cameras this year. However, there is said to be only an additional telephoto camera, so the much-in-demand ultra-wide-angle module will be given a miss.
- Joining the Pixel 4 phones will be Google’s second-gen smart speakers. Since Google is shifting its smart home devices under the Nest brand, expect the new wave of speakers to be called Nest Home 2, Nest Home Mini 2, etc. instead of Google Home.
More tech news:
Vivo Nex 3 official with 99.6% screen-to-body ratio
Top 5 smartphones under Rs 20,000 (September 2019)