Hero Xtreme 160R launched at Rs 99,950
- Revealed back in February 2020 and originally scheduled for launch a month later, the Hero Xtreme 160R has finally been launched in India at Rs 99,950-1,03,500 (ex-showroom). As you’d expect, its launch was delayed due to COVID-19.
- Replacing the erstwhile Xtreme Sports in Hero’s lineup, the new 160R is aggressively styled and looks pretty beefy for its segment thanks to its thick exhaust, stubby tail section and a large tank extension which flows under the front seat area.
- Powering the bike is a new 160 cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine that generates 15 bhp of max power and 14 Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
- Suspension duties are taken care of by telescopic front fork and a 7-step adjustable rear monoshock. A 276 mm front petal disc comes standard with single-channel ABS on the base variant, whereas the upper variant also adds a rear 220 mm rear petal disc, but dual-channel ABS is not on offer.
- With a kerb weight of under 140 kg, the 2020 Hero Xtreme 160R will be sold in 3 colour options – Pearl Silver White, Vibrant Blue and Sports Red.