Honor 30 series official
Shortly after Huawei’s flagship P40 series, its budget brand Honor has now revealed its flagship smartphone series for 2020. The Honor 30, Honor 30 Pro and the new Honor 30 Pro+ are now official.
- The standard Honor 30 gets a 6.53-inch OLED display of 60 Hz refresh rate with a hole punch cutout for its 32MP selfie camera. There’s also an under-display fingerprint scanner here.
- The triple rear camera setup of this device consists of a 40MP 1/1.7-inch main camera with the RYYB colour filter. This is accompanied by an 8MP periscope 5x zoom camera and an 8MP ultra-wide shooter.
- The Honor 30 debuts Huawei’s new SoC called Kirin 985 5G. It’s built on the 7 nm node and gets a powerful Cortex-A76 core clocked at 2.58 GHz, three Cortex-A76 cores working at 2.40 GHz, and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.84 GHz. GPU here is the Mali-G77.
- Offered with 6GB/ 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, the Honor 30 also gets a 4,000mAh battery with 40W fast charging support.
Honor 30 Pro & Honor 30 Pro+
- Both Honor 30 Pro and Pro+ come with a curved 6.57-inch OLED display of FHD+ resolution and pill hole punch cutout for the dual 32MP main + 8MP ultra-wide cameras. However, only the Pro+ gets the higher 90Hz refresh rate.
- Both smartphones also powered by the flagship Kirin 990 5G chipset along with 8GB/ 12GB of RAM and 128GB/ 256GB storage.
- The major difference between the two phones is in terms of rear cameras. The Honor 30 Pro gets exactly the same setup as that of the standard Honor 30.
- The Honor 30 Pro+, however, uses a different 50MP Sony IMX700 sensor of a big 1/1.28” size for its main camera. The ultra-wide camera is also a better 16MP sensor with a 17 mm equivalent lens. The periscope 8MP camera is identical to the other two phones.
- Both phones get an identical 4,000mAh battery with 40W fast charging. The Pro+ is also the only phone in this series to feature 27W wireless fast charging as well.