How to check fake reviews on Amazon
A buyer’s review system is used by Amazon and all other major buying websites. However, because the majority of these reviews are potentially fake, items of pretty low quality can appear to be worth the money. This makes it much more difficult for customers to believe any of these reviews.
Here’s a statistic to help you understand the scope of the problem: around 61 percent of electronics reviews on Amazon have been declared fake!
However, there are techniques to spot fake reviews on Amazon and other big buying sites. Using websites to check your items for false reviews is the most reliable method.
Steps to check fake reviews on Amazon
- Open reviewmeta.com
- Go to Amazon and open the product’s page you want to verify. Copy the URL
- Paste the URL in the dedicated box on Review Meta’s homepage and press enter.
- The website will remove all the fake reviews and show you the actual rating of the product.
- Open fakespot.com and install the Chrome or Firefox browser extension.
- Open the Amazon product page you’d like to review.
- Click on the Fakespot extension on your browser and from there, click on “Analyse This Page”.
- The extension will take you to a new page where it will process and show you the review stats.
- Alternatively, you can also download Fakespot’s Android or iOS app.
Since Amazon tries to lure you with a new mega sale every month, it is important that you check the rating of those products which especially look very tempting. For example, if a product is offered at an incredible discount and has sublime reviews, it is recommended to use Review Meta or Fakesport just to be sure.
Also read: Must have apps on Android