Husqvarna debuts in India with Svartpilen 250, Vitpilen 250
- Husqvarna, the hotly-anticipated KTM-owned motorcycle company, has finally debuted in India with two surprise offerings – Svartpilen 250 and Vitpilen 250.
- Previously, everyone was expecting Husqvarna to debut with the higher capacity Svartpilen 401 and Vitpilen 401 in India. However, it looks like the company will debut with KTM 250 Duke based offerings first before bringing its more powerful models to India.
- Therefore, both these motorcycles are based on the same Trellis frame as their KTM sibling and will also use a similar 248.8 cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine with 29.6 bhp and 24 Nm. Not just that, even the suspension setup is carried over from the 250 Duke.
- The Svartpilen 250 is an urban scrambler while the Vitpilen 250 is a cafe racer. Both motorcycles look quite identical to the 401 models, however, these feature alloys wheels instead of spokes on the former, and also use bespoke MRF tyres.
- Husqvarna will officially commence its operations in India early next year. Both these motorcycles will be sold via KTM showrooms and are expected to be priced over Rs 2 lakh ex-showroom.