Hyundai Aura compact sedan revealed
- After multiple teasers, the all-new Hyundai Aura, the compact sedan version of the Grand i10 Nios, has been revealed in India. Its launch will take place early next year.
- The Hyundai Aura is a spiritual successor to the Xcent. After the former’s launch, the latter will be repositioned towards the cab market. The car measures 3,995 mm in length and 1,520 mm in height, which is at par with the Xcent. However, at 1,680 mm it surely is wider now.
- From the front, this car looks quite identical to the Nios (with a few tweaks, of course). However, from C-pillar onwards, it features a blacked-out theme so that the sedan transition looks less awkward. The boot of the car is quite stubby with boomerang-shaped tail lamps being a standout feature.
- Hyundai has not yet revealed the interior of the Aura, but just like the exterior, it is expected to be shared with the Nios.
- The engines powering the Hyundai Aura will the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.2-litre diesel from the Nios. However, this compact sedan will also offer 1.0-litre turbo petrol with 99 bhp/ 172 Nm. The gearbox options will include a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT.