Hyundai Venue iMT launched at Rs 9.99 lakh
- The Hyundai Venue iMT has been launched in India starting at Rs 9.99 lakh (ex-showroom). This makes it only Rs 20,000 dearer than the standard manual version.
- For those unaware, iMT is Hyundai’s new clutch-less manual gearbox. The car has only two pedals (no clutch), but the gear lever is the same as a traditional manual gearbox, so the driver is completely in charge of the gearshifts.
- The automated clutch pedal of this 6-speed unit uses an ‘intention sensor’ that informs the transmission control unit (TCU) when the driver is about to change gears. The TCU then signals a hydraulic actuator to engage and disengage the clutch plate while the driver shifts gears.
- The iMT option is only available with the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol version of the Hyundai Venue. Therefore, this engine now gets 3 gearbox options – 6-speed manual, 6-speed iMT and 7-speed DCT automatic.
- Also launched alongside iMT is the Venue Sport, a pack available on the SX, SX+ and SX(O) variants of the compact SUV with 1.0-litre turbo petrol or 1.5-litre diesel options. This adds a gloss black grille, dark grey & red exterior accents, red brake calipers, Creta-inspired two-spoke steering wheel, red interior stitching and red interior accents.