Hyundai Verna facelift officially teased
- The 2020 Verna facelift has been teased by Hyundai India, and as expected, is the same as the Russia-spec Hyundai Solaris facelift which was recently revealed, and not like the China-spec Verna facelift that’s a lot more flashy.
- The teaser images have almost fully revealed the new front, rear and side profiles of the upcoming sedan. The side profile remains largely the same, except for new alloys.
- The front gets new headlamps, a wider (and much-sportier) new hexagonal grille with chrome accents, and a new bumper with triangular fog lamp housings. At the rear, there are new LED elements for the tail lights and a slightly reprofiled bumper.
- While the interior has not yet been teased, the most major addition on the inside will be a new infotainment system, with Hyundai’s BlueLink connected car tech as standard on higher variants.
- The Hyundai Verna facelift will also get all-new engines. The 1.5-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel will be carried over from the Kia Seltos, while the 1.0-litre turbo petrol will be borrowed from the Venue. Sadly, the powerful 1.4-litre turbo petrol is expected to be absent from this car.
- The 2020 Verna facelift is likely to launch either by end-March or by early-April in India.