Instagram adds anti-bullying features
- In order to restrict harassment and bullying on its platform, Instagram is rolling out a couple of new AI-powered features on its app.
- The first one will use AI to detect if someone is trying to post unfriendly comments. If the AI detects potentially harassing words, the user will get “Are you sure you want to post this?” message before their comment is posted.
- The second one is a more extreme feature which uses shadow banning and it’s called Restrict. When you use this on someone, only they will be able to see their posted comments. On top of that, these restricted users will not even know that other people cannot see their comments.
- The Restrict feature will also prevent the person from seeing when you come online or whether you’ve read their direct messages or not.
- The AI-powered word detection feature is now rolling to the Instagram app, and after this is done, the Restrict feature will start rolling out very soon.