iPhone 11 official; India price revealed
- The much-anticipated Apple iPhone 11 has been officially revealed. It is the entry-level 2019 iPhone model and a direct successor of the iPhone XR from last year.
- The iPhone 11 price in India will start at Rs 64,900 and it goes on sale here on September 27. Shockingly, it’s the first time that Apple has dropped the price tag of a new iPhone (the XR was launched at Rs 76,900). However, at $699 (~ Rs 50,000), it still costs significantly less in the US.
- The rear look of the iPhone 11 is brand new. It gets a squarish new housing for its cameras and a repositioned Apple logo. The phone is IP68 water & dust resistant and will be sold in 6 colours.
- The main highlight of the iPhone 11 is its new dual-rear camera setup. It consists of a 12 MP f/1.8 primary shooter and a new 12MP f/2.4 120-degree ultra-wide-angle module. Apple has also finally given the iPhone camera a Night Mode which comes into action when required. The 12MP selfie camera is now also improved with a wider angle lens and slow-mo capability.
- With the new ‘Cinematic’ video stabilisation, Apple claims that its new shoots the most superior quality videos of any phone in the market. You can record at up to 4K @ 60 fps (4K @ 50 fps with Extended Dynamic Range) with both rear cameras.
- Providing power to the iPhone 11 is the new A13 Bionic SoC which is claimed to beat the Snapdragon 855 in both CPU and GPU performance. The storage options here include 64/128/256GB.
- In terms of display, the iPhone 11, disappointingly, has the same 6.1-inch LCD unit as the XR with the exact same, lowly resolution of 828 x 1792 pixels. The display notch is also retained, but the FaceID is now claimed to be 30 per cent faster.