iQOO reveals 120W fast charging tech
- iQOO, a part of the Chinese giant BBK Electronics, has revealed 120W fast charging for its mobile phones. This, for reference, is more powerful than a lot of laptop chargers!
- The company claims that this new technology can charge a device with 4,000mAh battery from 0-50 per cent in just 5 minutes, and 0-100 in just 15 minutes.
- The showcased 4,000mAh battery has a dual battery system featuring an industry-first 6C cell, each one measuring 2,000mAh in size. The batteries charge simultaneously at 60W with a 97 per cent charging conversion rate.
- For cooler operation of this tech, the 120W power adapter will have an array type pole structure cell impedance. Then, the phones supporting this charging speed will come with liquid-cooling tech to regulate the internal temperature.
- While iQOO gave no specific date of the commercial availability of this tech, rumours claim that a phone with 120W fast charging will be revoked next month.
- Interestingly, iQOO’s sister brand from BBK, Oppo, is said to reveal its 125W fast charging tech on July 15.