Jeep Compass Trailhawk diesel automatic launched in India
- The Jeep Compass Trailhawk is the new top-end variant of the Compass SUV in India and it is priced at Rs 26.80 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- The Compass Trailhawk uses the 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine from the standard Compass but it gets a 9-speed torque converter automatic gearbox instead of a 6-speed manual. Also, the engine here is BSVI-compliant.
- Then, the Trailhawk is a ‘Trail-Rated’ 4×4, which means that it gets a host of additional off-roading tech. Over the standard Compass, the ground clearance is 30 mm more here. Then, the approach, departure and ramp breakover angles are also enhanced, while the water wading capacity of the car is 483 mm.
- Also standard is Jeep’s Active Drive Low 4×4 system, giving the Compass Trailhawk low-range gears, hill-descent control and a Selec-Terrain system, consisting of 5 modes – Rock, Auto, Snow, Sand and Mud.
- While most equipment of the Trailhawk is shared with the Limited Plus model of the Compass, the former gets a few visual changes such a redesigned bumper, new alloys and tyres with better sidewall protection.