Koenigsegg Jesko hypercar unleashed
- Swedish company Koenigsegg, which is known for its brutally fast hypercars, has revealed its latest offering called Jesko.
- The Jesko will replace the Agera RS in Koenigsegg’s lineup. Even aesthetically, it resembles the latter to quite some extent, however, enough modifications have been made to its design to make it look fresh.
- Powering the Jesko is a 5.0-litre twin-turbo V8 motor that’s capable of producing 1,578 bhp on E85 biofuel. On regular petrol though, it makes just 1,280 bhp. Peak torque stands at 1500 Nm at 5100 rpm, of which 1000 Nm is available right from 2700 rpm.
- This engine comes mated to a new 9-speed dual-clutch transmission which can directly downshift several gears to find the best one for max acceleration.
- While acceleration and top speed stats of the Jesko haven’t been revealed as yet, Koenigsegg has hinted at a variant of the hypercar – called Jesko 300 – to be in the works which can breach the 300 mph (482 km/h) mark!