KTM 790 Duke launched at Rs 8.64 lakh
- The much-anticipated KTM 790 Duke has finally been launched in India and its price has been set at Rs 8.64 lakh (ex-showroom). It is imported into the country via the CKD route.
- Powered by a 799 cc parallel-twin engine, the Duke 790 generates 105 bhp of max power and 86 Nm of peak torque – same as the global-spec model. A 6-speed transmission comes standard and it gets slip assist and a quick shifter as well.
- There are a lot of electronic aids on board. The Duke 790 features cornering ABS, wheelie control, traction control, launch control, and 4 riding modes with a dedicated Supermoto setting.
- The bike looks like a beefier version of the popular 390 Duke and offers a lot of premium equipment including a colour TFT instrument console, WP 43 mm USD front fork, WP pre-load monoshock, etc.
- At this price, the new KTM Duke 790 is more expensive than the Kawasaki Z900 as well as the Suzuki GSX-S750. However, it undercuts the Triumph Street Triple S.