Mahindra Thar 700 final edition launch in India
- The new Mahindra Thar 700 has been launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Only 700 units of this model will be produced.
- The Thar 700 is the final edition model of the current-gen Mahindra Thar before it gets discontinued. The much-improved next generation model will debut in 2020.
- The Thar 700 is offered in two colours – Napoli black and Aqua Marine. Equipment list here includes 15-inch alloys, black decals on the bonnet lid, silver finish on the front bumper, many special edition badges and leatherette seat covers.
- Powering this edition is the same 2.5-litre, turbo diesel engine that makes 105 bhp of power and 247 Nm of peak torque.
- In terms of safety, the Thar 700 remains spartan as it only comes with ABS as standard. Airbags, rear parking sensors, speed alert system, etc. are not offered here.