Maruti Suzuki Ignis facelift leaked
- The official promotional images of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis facelift have been leaked, thereby hinting at its imminent launch.
- For the 2020 model year, the Ignis gains an updated grille with U-shaped inserts which grant it a mini-SUV look. Furthermore, the bumpers are now completely redesigned and get added silver appliques, much like the Brezza.
- On the inside, expect new colour schemes for the dashboard and upholstery. Then, Maruti’s new SmartPlay Studio infotainment system should also be standard on higher variants.
- The 2020 Ignis facelift will be powered by a BS6-compliant 1.2-litre petrol engine that generates 82 bhp of max power and 113 Nm of peak torque. A 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT will be the gearbox options on offer.
- Since the diesel engine has already been phased out from the Iginis, we do not expect it to return with the facelifted model. In fact, the 1.3-litre diesel engine will be axed from all Maruti cars once the BS6 regulations come into effect.